Wednesday, July 2, 2008

KFC in Cambodia!!



I went to Maybank with a bunch of colleagues. There isn’t any ATM facilities in any of the Maybank branches in Cambodia. It was not convenient as any transaction has to gone through the bank teller. Worst thing is that all Maybanks in Cambodia close at 3.00pm!!!


After that, we went to KFC for lunch! Yes, there’s KFC in Cambodia! This is the first fast food outlet opened in Phnom Penh! The taste of KFC is quite similar to the one in Malaysia. But, the price is 30% more expensive than Malaysia. I had snack plate for lunch at USD3.20 per set.


We went there by Tuk Tuk! Wow~ The charges for Tuk Tuk is even more expensive than the taxi in KL. It costs at USD8 for the whole journey!





At KFC with my colleagues, Oscar & Melissa. They are both from Phillipines!












Love this!






I prefer the Hot & Spicy!




My Colleague, Oscar

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should try VISA CARD ;-)

never been in KFC yet, never find the right time.

I am glad to read Phnom Penh by your stories. cool blog. will be back someday.

Elle Lina said...

Khmerbird : Thanks for dropping by! KFC is good! Should try in one day :)

Anonymous said...

Hi lass, good thing that u post ya story here. yet, mayb u r right that maybank doesn't have ATM, but other banks do have. Banking industry is quite a good progress right now in Cam. N i believe not all banks close at 3. some might extend till 3:30. Only on the day that the bank need to close their end-month account, it might close early. Maybe..haha..

Malaysia is quite ahead of Cambodia, though.

ya Pay day is at the begining of the month? Quite surprise though,,,so far, it should be end of month like in Malaysia,,,

Oops,,KFC in Cam follows Malaysian style, i guess. it is the first chain fastfood here. Good that u love it.

Nice blog, anyway...ll b back n check ya story in Cam more.

Elle Lina said...

Thanks for dropping by! Hope you'll enjoy your journey here :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ur nice story here! m glad to know about Asian's feeling in Cambodia, esp SEA.
I don't know what kind of company you work in, but for me I never got my pay past the end of the month. Another thing: be careful next time when you take a Tuk Tuk, if you took it with a Cambodian maybe it's only half the cost you mentioned!
Keep on going, I'll come back check your blog some other times...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for ur nice story here! m glad to know about Asian's feeling in Cambodia, esp SEA.
Yeah, u r right, KFC here has SEA taste n I hope other fast food chains will soon come to Cam too. About the pay day, I don't know what kind of company you work in, but for me I never got my pay past the end of the month. Another thing: be careful next time when you take a Tuk Tuk, if you took it with a Cambodian maybe it's only half the cost you mentioned!
Keep on going, I'll come back check your blog some other times...

Soul Hart said...

Ermm.. what exactly are you doing in Cambodia?

Elle Lina said...

Sovannra : Thanks for dropping by! I'll update more about my life in Cambodia! And thanks for your advise as well :)

Soul hart : I work in the hotel industry in Cambodia :)

smallee said...

Wow... so expensive meh.. is ti because its the cost of living there is higher or it is because of a lot of foreigners there...

Anyway.. nice blog.

Elle Lina said...

smallee: Yup, everything here is so much expensive than Malaysia! Lots of expats here as well!