Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cambodian Food

Ever wonder how is Cambodian food looks like? It is actually a mixture of Thai and Vietnamese food. However, it is not as spicy as Thai food.

Recently had gone to a local Khmer restaurant for lunch with my colleagues. After being 15 months in this country, I did not really try out the local delicacies. Therefore, this is considered as my first post of Cambodian food.



Fried eggs with salted fish

I am just in love with this dish. The first time I tried this was in Siem Reap. The taste of the salted fish is quite similar as the one in Malaysia. However, the salted fish colour in Cambodia is in red.



Stir fried frogs with Ginger

The frogs meat in Cambodia are much cheaper than Malaysia. This tastes like Chinese food, "KUNG PO THIEN GAI" Tastes good to be served with rice.




Beef soup

I did not try on this dish as the taste was a bit weird! Sour and the fragrance was just too strong for me.



Fish with mango Salad

This dish I like the most among all. The fish was strong with pepper and soy sauce taste. The mango opens up your appetite.





Barbecue Banana



Barbecue Banana

I would still prefer deep fried banana. The texture of the barbecue banana is just too dry and tasteless. It costs at USD0.15 for a stick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do cambodians use alot of peanut products including oils in their cooking.

Jason Soeun said...

You should try ka tieu phnom penh and mee katang with beef.really great Cambodian dishes.