Sunday, July 27, 2008

Birthday Dinner 24/7



I couldn’t go back on time on that day as meeting only ended at 5.30pm. I reached home at 6.10pm and dress up myself for my Birthday dinner. This year is my first year birthday celebration in Phnom Penh.


I had my birthday dinner at Van’s French Restaurant. It’s a fine dining restaurant serving for French Cuisine. The interior of the restaurant is so nice and romantic. This place is like the restaurants along Jalan Ampang Hilir in KL.


We had 1 dozen of escorgots as appetizer, Lobster Bisque and Pork Chop as my main course and Beef with Foie Gras for JE. The escargots here were much bigger than those in Malaysia. The Pork Chop in Rasberries Sauce was not served well done, kind of weird among the Asians. However, it tastes even better than the well done Pork Chop, the meat is not so hard. The Foie Gras (French Goose Liver) was not bad, the texture was like the softness of jelly. However, you’ll feel disgusting after having the whole portion of Foie Gras. I wouldn’t wanna have Foie Gras anymore after all.


For dessert, I had crepe suzette with vanilla Ice-cream and Cream Puff with Vanilla Ice-cream.

Overall, the environment is worth of the price. Food Quality was not bad as well. Maybe I’m not a fan for French Cuisine.



Interior of the restaurant








Cheese Sticks



Appetizer ~ 1 dozen of Escargots



\
Soup~ Lobster Bisque



Main Course~ Medium Rare Pork Chop with Rasberries Sauce (Medium Rare??? French Style)



Main Course~ Steak with Foie Gras (Goose's Liver)




Pefiterol



Crepe Suzzete with Vanilla Ice-cream










Birthday Girl!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,belated happy birthday to you. Surprised to find a Sarawakian girl working in Phnom Penh. Wishing you all the best.Will come here regularly to read your blog.

Elle Lina said...

Hi Philip, thanks for dropping by :)