Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dare to eat?????

This picture was taken during my sis, mum and auntie's visitation to where I'm currently living in, Phnom Penh City.

I brought them around the city and tried the Khmer cuisine especially those insects along Riverside.

There it goes! I'd strongly recommend Dasolve to explore this area for more food hunt. Hehe.....




Dunno what's this called in Cambodia, it's called "BALUT" in Phillipines. Means Ducklings eggs.... USD0.50 for each




We were not dare to try it so just bought one for the tuk tuk driver to show us how it looks like.



Can see ducklings inside....



Yummy :)



Dare to eat???



Another type.....



Food stalls along Riverside



Mum & Lily (The prettiest one among all) Hehehe



Deep Fried Cockroaches







Spider



My mum and auntie were busy looking at the different types of insects



Dare to challenge my aunt????? She had tried all types of insects. According to my aunt, it was tasty, crispy and salty.



Frogs







Spiders



Silk Worms. According to JE, it's so nice and tastes like egg yolks when you bite it.



Beetles



Group photo taken at Bayon Temple, My aunt, Mum, Lily and Me

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you use the insect scare me....me sure pengsan....i scare of bugs....

Elle Lina said...

Hehe... I Dont dare to try as well :)

Anderson Kalang said...

Lina, you've gotta drag me to the streets next time if I come visit you there kay. I may not dare eat those delicacies but I'll surely take some photos of you eating em! hahahaa..

cacatkia™ said...

i catch some Cockroaches and let u fry next time....lol.

Elle Lina said...

Anderson : Wow... I'm not dare to eat as well OMG! You should try it as you are a tourist here. hehe.....

Cacatkia : OMG! Not for me. I'm not eating as well... You catch your own brothers????? hahaha

MR.pink-eclipse said...

no no no...i dont dare to eat them....hahahaha

Kuching Remisier Blog said...

i only try silk worm before.. other look so scary le.. hahaa/....

we catch and bbq ourself.. hahaha

quite nice

Elle Lina said...

Hehe. I dont dare to try any of those at all:)